There is supposed proof that Ancient Egyptians used reed pens back in their hey-day, but I wasn’t there so I’m not entirely sure. These pens were made from a single reed straw, which I had to google, and used ink that slid from one end, to the other. I’m surprised Ancient Egyptians had ink, but I should not digress.
They are used as things anxious people bite on, as well as things you can throw at people when you don’t want to cause any permanent damage. I’ve only recently found out people use them to write, not realising computers exist.
- 70% of the time you are shaking them erratically, which is a great form of office cardio.
- If you get the pens that click, you are able to annoy all those around you with ease.
- Come in many colours, like myself.
- Some come with lids, which you lose almost immediately and find 5 years later. This provides a nice little flash back of the time when you had a pen with a lid.
- As mentioned earlier, if you are about to enter an anxiety inducing meeting, you can chew them and save your finger nails.
- Not heavy enough to do any damage.
- If you still use pens, it means you’re close to your expiry date.
- No one in history has ever actually used a pen until the ink has run out, this I have proof of.
- You always break that strange clip thing on the side, that is meant to slide into notepads.
- I have messy writing.
Buy a laptop.